A Lancaster County native, Tony Georgelis graduated from Hempfield High School. After earning his law degree from the University of Pittsburgh, Tony returned to serve his community in the Lancaster County District Attorney’s Office. He practiced in the court where his father, the Honorable Michael A. Georgelis, long served as president judge.
During his five years in the DA’s office, Tony was director of the child abuse prosecution unit, handling cases arising from the physical and sexual abuse of children. He successfully prosecuted numerous cases, convicting those who harmed the children of the Lancaster community, and in the process gained valuable trial experience.
In April 2005, Tony opened Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C., concentrating exclusively on auto accidents, workers compensation, wrongful death and serious personal injuries. Through his private practice, he has dedicated himself to helping a different kind of victim — those who have been injured on the job or in an accident caused by someone’s negligence.
- Pennsylvania, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2000
- Hempfield High School, 1988
- University of Richmond, B.A., Political Science, 1992
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1995
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lancaster County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Nation’s Top One Percent Of Attorneys
- AV Preeminent Rating for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Voted Best Lawyer in Lancaster County by Readers of Lancaster County Magazine, 2014
- Voted Best Lawyer in Lancaster County by Readers of Lancaster County Magazine, 2013
- Voted 2nd Most Civic-Minded Person in Lancaster County by Readers of Lancaster County Magazine, 2013