Our Firm Advocates for Seniors Injured by Nursing Home Negligence in Lancaster, PA
Protecting residents of assisted living facilities in Lancaster County
A trustworthy nursing home provides important services for your aging relative. But discovering that, instead, your family member was abused or neglected is heartbreaking — and it is alarmingly common in overtaxed nursing homes, rehabilitation centers and other long-term care facilities. Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C. represents the interests of residents of Lancaster’s long-term care facilities. We advise you about how you can protect your family member and how we can help.
Pennsylvania laws protect nursing home residents
Pennsylvania and federal regulations guarantee the rights of residents of long-term care facilities, including the right to:
- Receive a copy of the facility’s policies and procedures
- Receive a statement of services and costs
- Participate in medical care planning, choose doctors and refuse treatments
- Confidentiality of personal and medical records
- Manage finances
- Own clothes and possessions
- Privacy, dignity and respect
- Freedom from mental, physical and sexual abuse, exploitation or neglect
- Freedom from physical or chemical restraints
- Protection against involuntary seclusion
- Express a grievance without fear of retaliation
- Refuse discharge or transfer without just cause
Signs of nursing home neglect
Victims of abuse may be unable or unwilling to speak out. You can be your loved one’s eyes and ears by looking for signs of abuse, such as:
- Soiled bed linens and bath towels
- Poor hygiene and disheveled appearance
- Bedsores, skin lesions and rashes
- Unexplained bruises, fractures and lacerations
- Untreated medical conditions
- Untreated infections
- Medication errors
- Depression or anxiety
Our lawyers guide you through the process of notifying the appropriate authorities about the conditions at the nursing home. We act as the voice of your family member, assisting her or him in recovering personal injury damages. In every action the Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C. takes, we put your loved one’s interests first.
If you suspect abuse, report your concerns to the authorities immediately. There may be a pattern of abuse throughout the assisted living facility. By protecting your loved one, you also help other residents.
Protect your loved one from nursing home abuse
If you believe your family member has been harmed in a long-term care facility, call Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C. at 717-394-3004 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. Our personal injury attorneys are available for appointments during evenings and weekends. We make home, hospital and rehabilitation center visits if you are unable to come to our office.
Practice Areas > Personal Injury Law Firm