$1.6 million for drowning death of young girl
When you lose a loved one because of someone else’s negligence, no amount of money could rid you of your sorrow. Although a monetary award will never fully compensate you for your loss, it can help give you the financial stability that your loved one would have provided if she or he were still alive.
At Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C., we limit our practice to helping those who have suffered harm at the hands of another. We handle your wrongful death and survival claims in a tasteful, compassionate and personal way, while relentlessly pursuing the financial recovery you deserve.
- Workplace Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Defective Products
- Premises Liability
- Pool Accidents
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Wrongful Death FAQs
Causes of wrongful death
A wrongful death claim can arise from a variety of scenarios, including:
- Workplace accidents — Causes of on-the-job fatalities include chemical exposure, explosions, fires, electrocution, falls, tractor rollovers and machinery accidents.
- Motor vehicle accidents — Vehicle accidents may involve motorcycles, trucks, tractors, bicycles or pedestrians.
- Defective products — Products liability claims may arise from defective household goods, jobsite equipment, foods, medications and automobile parts.
- Premises liability — Residential and business property owners may be liable for trips and falls, security breaches and other failures to maintain their premises or warn guests about potential hazards.
- Pool injuries — Slips and falls, and diving board and suction drain accidents are common.
- Nursing home negligence — A nursing home resident can suffer fatal injuries because of neglect and abuse by staff members.
Recovery for a wrongful death
Nothing can bring back your loved one. Our system of justice, however, allows certain family members and the estate of the deceased to file suit to seek financial recovery from the person or corporation that caused the accident. It generally is an insurance company that ultimately pays the claim.
We do everything in our power to give you the opportunity to focus on your family and the healing process, while we take care of everything related to the legal issues. Having the right law firm by your side in such a situation can make all the difference in the world. We promise to be that firm.
Learn how our accident and injury law firm can help your family
Hear more about how we compassionately guide you through your wrongful death claim. Call Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C. at 717-394-3004 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation with our dedicated personal injury law firm. If you need us after regular business hours, we are available to help you in the evenings and on weekends. Our office has free parking.