Our Scholarship Award
Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C., as part of its continuing commitment and dedication to, and support of, our local, state and national communities, is pleased to announce the establishment of the Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C. Scholarship Award. The annual $1,500.00 scholarship will be awarded to the most deserving incoming or present law school student. Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C. recognizes that the increasing cost of graduate education can be a deterrent for those seeking to become a productive part of our society’s legal profession. We believe that no student, with the passion and vision to enrich the practice of law, should be denied this opportunity. The American judicial systems are the best in the world, and the need for moral, ethical, principled and hard-working attorneys to promote and sustain these systems and maintain their integrity is of paramount importance.
SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Students must be currently enrolled in, or preparing to attend imminently, a law school within the United States for the 2022 Fall academic term.
- All applications, as described below, together with their accompanying essays, must be received by 5:00 p.m. (EST) on April 29, 2022. An e-mail confirming receipt of the student’s submission will be sent to each applicant. This e-mail does not mean that the application and/or essay have been submitted completely and properly, only that the student’s submission was received by Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C. It is the sole responsibility of each student to make sure that all of the application requirements set forth herein are fulfilled in a timely manner. Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C. has complete discretion in determining whether or not an application/essay meets these requirements.
- Starting April 30, 2022, Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C. will begin reviewing and evaluating all properly and timely applications and essays submitted. The winner of the scholarship award will be notified, via e-mail, no later than July 1, 2022.
- The $1,500.00 scholarship award will be issued by July 15, 2022 directly to the winning applicant. The funds must be used for any costs/expenses associated with attending law school and directly in furtherance of attaining a juris doctorate degree. Submitting an application/essay is considered a de facto affirmation to do so.
2022 ESSAY TOPIC AND GUIDELINES
- This year’s essay topic is the following: What is/are the greatest challenge(s) facing youth in present-day America? How should we—on the local, state and national levels—endeavor to handle and redress these issues?
- Essays must be no longer than 1,500 words—no exceptions.
- Essays will be evaluated and graded based upon the following criteria: feasibility; substance; uniqueness; perspective; creativity; insight; presentation; and spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- To apply, submit your essay (with a title of your choice) to info@GeorgelisLaw.com in .PDF format. The essay should be attached to an e-mail from the address where you would like to be sent confirmation of receipt.
- The subject line for the e-mail submitting your essay MUST be “2022 Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C. Scholarship Award.”
- In the body of the e-mail submitting your essay, include your name, address, cell phone number and school of enrollment. Also, feel free to include a brief paragraph telling us about yourself and your career-related ambitions and goals.
- Failing to follow the above requirements, guidelines and instructions may result in disqualification from consideration. This determination is within the exclusive province of Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C.
WE WISH ALL APPLICANTS THE BEST OF LUCK AND LOOK FORWARD TO READING YOUR ESSAYS!