After a Workplace Death, Lancaster Attorneys Help the Victim’s Family
Local lawyers are experienced with wrongful death cases
At Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C., we know that after you lose a loved one in a workplace accident, you need financial compensation — and answers — from the employer. We relieve you of this burden while you are grieving, and we treat you with respect and compassion.
If an employee is fatally injured on the job, it usually is the employer’s insurance company that ultimately pays the bills. At Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C., our attorneys are experienced in dealing with insurers to obtain wrongful death compensation.
Common causes of wrongful workplace deaths
Construction accidents are responsible for many severe injuries and deaths. Other common causes of workplace fatalities include:
- Farm equipment accidents
- Industrial accidents
- Accidents in company vehicles
- Falls from ladders and scaffolds
In addition to seeking compensation from the employer, the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act allows you to sue for damages from third parties, such as the manufacturer of any defective equipment involved in the fatal accident. We work with you to seek compensation from all possible sources.
Action and compassion in your wrongful death case
In a wrongful death case, you can expect the employer and its insurer to fight back. You shouldn’t have to deal with that. As part of our legal services, we:
- Deal with the employer — The last person you want to hear from after you have lost a loved one in a workplace accident is the employer or its representative. We deal with them so you don’t have to.
- Build your case — Employers often try to evade responsibility by blaming the victim. We marshal the evidence to defeat such tactics.
- Advocate for you — We push the company to pay you what you deserve. We handle the paperwork, negotiations and any eventual courtroom battles.
We have the experience and the resources to effectively take care of your case so you can grieve in peace.
Make a no-obligation appointment with a Lancaster County wrongful death attorney
When you have lost a loved one, you can get the information you need from Georgelis Injury Law Firm, P.C.. We work on a contingency basis, which means you don’t pay anything unless you win compensation. Call 717-394-3004 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.